Formal shirts are an essential part of office wear, campus placement outfits and some formal occasions, if you are in search of the best formal shirts for your offices, college, and school life then you are at the right place, in this blog, we are discussing best formal shirts for men, types, fit, colours, purpose and 5 best shirts online.
Q. What are formal shirts?
Formal shirts are decent clothing items of our wardrobe, light single colours shirts with simple stripes, small checks, and self-colour textured fabrics. Stripes and checks should be so minimal that if someone watches from distance, it should appear solid and try to avoid shiny & fancy printed shirts.
Q. Types of Formal shirts
Formal shirts are categorized on various basics like fit, collar, cuffs, and Hems. Names are mentioned below.
Types of Formal shirt according to Fit.
- The Classic Fit:- It is most ancient since Mid 20th century, tailored fit at the shoulder with more fabric at sleeve and front part and gives boxier look. If you prefer comfortability to fashion, it is best, most of our grandfather and father love to wear jackets.
- Slim Fit:- This fit is most preferable in young men, with less fabric at sleeves gives a rectangular look and can be worn without any jacket and blazer, less comfortable with more fashionable can be worn in offices and meetings.
- Modern Fit:- If you are fit with no huge belly then this fit is best, less comfortable and restrict body movement bit. It is tapered at the waist and creates a trimmer look, this modern fit shirt looks great at rectangular type body and most young men love to wear without any jacket.
- Super Slim/ Skinny fit:- If you prefer fashion to comfort, this fit is for you. It restricts body movement a lot but looks great on skinny young men. It is best for a classic young men’s style.
Types of Formal shirt according to Pockets
- No Pocket:- It is considered totally formal.
- 1 Pocket:- If one pocket is in front then it appears less formal than No pocket, and if you keep items in the pocket it looks unprofessional.
- 2 Pockets:- it is not a formal shirt, a total casual shirt preferred for casual occasions.
Types of Formal shirts according to Plackets
The placket is the central line from collar to Hem. It opens up shirts apart and also draws the attention of people.
- Traditional Placket:- It is also known as “American placket” additional material is stitched centrally in the shirt front, due to these shirts attain symmetry, looks good as business wear.
- French placket:- It is the simplest placket made without any additional material. It looks clean without any stitching. It is preferred for classic, casual, or evening wear.
- Fly Front Placket:- It makes the shirt a timeless piece with an extra flap of the central line and makes the shirt cleaner and more classy, extra flap hides buttons, so it is also preferred as evening wear also.
Types of Formal shirts according to Collar
The collar is the most essential part of the shirt, the best collar can enhance the elegance of the shirt always go for the best collar type according to your purpose.
There are seven basic collar types, mentioned below
Types of Formal shirts according to cuffs
- French Cuffs:- Easy to close, simply designed cuffs with a single button can be worn unfastened and also can be folded on the jacket.
- Barrel Cuffs:- It is the most basic and easy-going cuffs, but double layer fabric feels hotter. The number of the buttons can be increased accordingly.
Types of Formal shirt according to shirt Hems
- Classic Hems:- It is preferred for formal, front and back length is more than sides. It is best for tuck in and doesn’t come outside easily.
- Straight Hem:- It is preferred for a casual shirt, wear untuck it looks more classy and stylish but consider length according to your torso. shorter Hems looks weird and even longer hems look ridiculous.
Here are 5 Best formal shirts available Online
Raymond Men’s best formal shirts
This cotton-made shirt by Raymond with a single pocket on it with barrel cuff and French placket, regular fit, made in India, best for offices and meetings can be paired with striped, solid blue and grey formal pants to look more elegant.
Arrow Men’s Regular fit best formal shirts
This Blue colour shirt with a shiny finish looks classy as formal or evening wear, made up of cotton with long sleeves. care is machine wash. It can be worn as formal with dark navy blue pants either striped or solid.
Van Heusen Men’s Solid Slim Fit Formal Shirt
This Slim fit shirt with long sleeves looks adorable in grey colour. French placket and barrel cuffs make it stylish enough to wear it without any jacket and fit on a rectangular body, which can be paired with black pants to be more classy.
Peter England White Shirt
The white shirt is considered more formal, can be repeated daily so choose best, this budget shirt by Peter England blend polyester and viscose, a traditional placket with barrel cuffs adds more style and class on it, can be paired with any solid or neutral colour pants.
Louis Philippe Men’s regular fit Formal shirt
This white shirt by LP is best as formal wear with traditional placket and barrel cuffs and made up of cotton, provides more elegant if paired wisely, with black, blue solid pants and formal shoes.
Q. What is the best fit for a best formal shirt?
The best fit of a formal shirt, where you get the full range of motion of your body and comfort. snugly fit at the chest part and under the arms.
The shoulder Length will either the same or 0.5 Inches less than the actual length. Sleeves length up to wrist bone end, neither too short nor too long.
Front Length should be proportioned easy to tuck in and if needed can be wear without tuck in and not looking ridiculous.
Q. What are the purposes of Formal shirts?
Mostly best formal shirts are preferred for office, meetings, college events, interviews, placements and evening parties, and dating.
Q. How to Style Formal Shirts?
Keeping your purpose, personality, and event in mind, dress like a Gentleman, pair with formal pants for formal occasions or offices and meetings. Go with chinos for a Little casual and dress up for a party with a Coat, suit, and Blazers, with good dress shoes darker than pants.
CHECK NOW Fashion Accessories Categories
Best Formal shirts should be chosen according to our purpose, environment and our wardrobe, don’t go with fancy and prints or even darker colours because most of the companies doesn’t consider dark colours shirts as formal. Guys put your opinion below about pocket or No pocket on Formal shirts.